Now that Laney has mastered the ability to crawl around, she loves to crawl under things (under the dining room table and chairs, under her jumper and exersaucer, under Cash's belly while he's eating a meal) and she loves to crawl over things (over Cash while he's lying on the floor, over my legs or belly while I'm lying on the floor, over pillows that are meant to be obstacles to block her path). Nothing stands in her way!
Another new skill she has been working on is crawling up the stairs. The first time she tried it, I was in the kitchen, not paying close attention to what she was doing. I heard her hands slapping the floor as she crawled towards the stairs, and then all of the sudden there was silence. I peered over toward the staircase but couldn't see her. I walked around the kitchen island, looking around for her, but couldn't find her. Then I walked over to the stairs, looked up, and nearly had a heart attack - she was standing on the 3rd step and quickly working her way up! I have no idea how she figured it out so quickly, but she made it all the way up the first 8 steps with a huge grin on her face. She was a little wobbly going up, and there were a few times her little legs gave out from fatigue, but she has done it so many times now that she is able to quickly make her way to the 2nd floor without any help. I never let her go up the stairs without following two inches behind her, and I definitely don't let her try to go down the stairs. She's fearless, and she has no concept of how to get down safely yet. I'm worried she'll nose dive off the top step if she gets the chance.
Laney is constantly looking for new and exciting challenges. She quickly becomes bored with her toys and likes to look for new things to explore. She enjoys putting her hands in Cash's water bowl and tipping it over. She pulls herself onto her feet and grabs things off higher surfaces. She's very determined, too…if she sees something that interests her but I pull her away from it before she has a chance to grab it, then it becomes her sole focus to get her hands on it. It doesn't bother me one bit when I have to pull her away over and over again - I love her determination!
Great-nona and Great-bumpa are back from FL for the summer.
She has grown so much since the last time she saw them!
Climbing into the ottoman is one of her favorite activities right now. She climbs in, then out, then in…over and over and over.
Bedtime?
Climbing over Cash...
Sweet, patient Cash.
Constantly entertained by her buddy!
Hanging out with papa after her bath. Her blonde hair is really starting to get curly :)
Crawling under Cash, because she can.
Best friends.
So proud of herself crawling up the stairs!
Reading a bedtime story.







No comments:
Post a Comment