Thanks to Noni and Grandpa Winchester, babysitters extraordinaire, Brad and I were able to go on a baby moon and escape to Key West for 4 days. We had such an amazing time hanging out together with no schedules, no responsibilities, and perfect weather. We spent most of the time laying by the pool during the day, and we ventured out for an incredible dinner every night. We went to The Flaming Buoy, Seven Fish, and Santiago's Bodega and we highly recommend all of them! Brad woke up earlier than me each morning, and he let me sleep in until I woke up on my own. I put in 11 hours of solid sleep every night! I probably could have kept sleeping, but I didn't want the entire day to pass by. We missed Delaney so much, but Kristi was great about frequently sending pictures and videos. We looked at the pictures over and over again, and we watched each video about 50 times. Baby boy Winchester must have enjoyed all of the rest I was getting and all of the sugary nonalcoholic daiquiris I was drinking at the poolside, because he was nudging, kicking, and rolling around the entire time we were on vacation. At times, it feels like he sticks out his feet and pushes his tooshie outward as far as it can go. I can see a huge bulge sticking out to the right of my belly button and my tummy looks very lopsided. He pushes so hard and stretches my tummy so far that my skin turns pink over the bulge. It's actually kind of painful, but it only lasts for a few minutes each time. He's a strong little guy!
We got back from vacation and couldn't wait to see our little Laney bear! When we walked in the door to pick her up, she was sitting on the floor in the living room, playing with Noni. She looked up at us and just kind of stared for a few seconds, then a huge grin spread across her face and she started waving both of her arms in the air. She crawled around ecstatically, lied down flat on her tummy with her arms stretched above her head, yelled, and bounced her tooshie into the air. It was hilarious! She obviously had a blast with Noni and Grandpa, but was so excited to see us that her entire body celebrated our return. What an incredible feeling. :)
On the morning Delaney turned 11 months, she woke up with her first cold. The poor girl was having a hard time breathing through her nose, and every time she sneezed, it was very...messy. She was cranky (understandably), and wasn't sleeping very well. She developed her first fever, but fortunately it only reached 101.4. Despite being sick, she was eager to climb the stairs, crawl around, and explore the house per usual.
11 months old! The only picture I was able to get while she was lying still.
Playing with goofy papa
Shopping for flowers with Noni
Bath time = crazy time
Loving her time at Noni and Grandpa's house
Oh hey! Dinner at the country club
Laney and Grandpa
Being silly at dinner. She clamps down on the spoon and won't let go.
Just arrived in Key West! Awake since 3:30am but excited to be there
Settling in properly
At our hotel, the Casa Marina
Going out to dinner. Relaxed, refreshed, and recharged. So happy!




No comments:
Post a Comment