Tuesday, March 31, 2015

20.5 Months Old // 7.5 Months Old

Laney has turned into a dancing machine. This little girl has developed dance moves that rival Elaine from Seinfeld. She'll bend an elbow, shrug one shoulder, cock her head, and bounce up and down. She lets the music take over her body, and sometimes her moves seem so intricate that I seriously question whether she choreographed a routine in her free time. She's really good! It has become a routine to have a dance party with papa in the morning before he leaves for practice and each night after dinner. His moves are equally impressive and I have no doubt that he inspires most of her dancing.

Laney has come up with a new fun game where she brings a toy over to Owen, offers it to him, and as soon as he's able to grab it, she rips it out of his hands and looks at me. She just stares at me with a little smirk on her face, knowing she isn't supposed to be doing that to Owen and waiting for me to react. After attempting to prevent her from taking the toy back, I realized that giving her attention was fueling the fire. Now all I do is ignore the behavior, avoid direct eye contact with her, and try my hardest not to burst out laughing. Sometimes I have to cover my face because I can't help but crack up. I feel badly for Owen, but ignoring her behavior is helping. She's playing this game less and less. Owen doesn't seem to mind at all (for now), so hopefully she'll stop doing it before he gets to the point where it bothers him.

Owen's top teeth came in on March 6th - both on the same day! Getting two teeth at once seems to be a trend for him. He doesn't seem to get too fussy while he's teething, but he definitely notices the new teeth that have come in. He's constantly grinding his top two teeth and bottom two teeth together, which makes me cringe.

He is also starting to sleep much better! I don't want to jinx it, but Owen slept 12 hours through the night - two nights in a row! Laney didn't start sleeping through the night until right before she turned one, so this was an unexpected surprise for me. He wakes up happy and talking, with a very wet diaper and a big appetite. I hope he keeps this up...

He has started to show signs of separation anxiety, and he gets a little whiny if I'm not holding him. At one point, I was standing at the sink, washing his bottles, when he started crawling towards me from across the room. He whined the entire way over to me - a loud, high pitched, frowning, very unhappy whine. He wedged himself right between my feet, rolled onto his back, grabbed my leg, and just looked up at me, smiling. He stayed right there. As long as he was holding my leg and looking at my face, he was happy. My heart melted a little bit. We'll have to do something about his attachment to mommy, but in the meantime, I'm secretly loving every bit of it.

Feeding her baby milk...

...and trying very hard to prevent Owen from touching her doll.

 High-waisted air guitar?

I'm a sucker for those pigtails  

Watching The Bachelor finale with mama

 My handsome little guy



No comments:

Post a Comment