Tuesday, March 11, 2014

37 Weeks Old

I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep describing her age in weeks. "37 weeks old" sounds very strange. She's 8 1/2 months old.

The past few weeks have been quite eventful. The biggest and best moment was finding out Delaney will have a little brother! We're absolutely thrilled and can't wait to meet the little guy! He's been moving quite a bit. I can feel his little kicks and nudges, and every now and then he surprises me with a big roll in my tummy. It hasn't been very long at all since I was pregnant with Laney, but I've already forgotten how incredible it feels when the baby starts moving around. I'm loving every second of it!

Brad has recently joined a new team, the Wild, so we had the opportunity to check out Des Moines, IA last week. The hotel we'll be living in has a great pool, so we're excited to take Laney swimming. She'll be able to show us all of the cool moves she learned in her swim lessons, such as: slapping the water with her hands, kicking her legs underwater, and trying to dip her face into the water with an open mouth. Very complex moves. :) We're also excited to see what Des Moines has to offer outside of the hotel, so we'll explore when we go back later this week.

Brad celebrated his 33rd birthday while he was on a road trip. Brett Keintz had a wonderful idea to invite Brad over for dinner on his birthday, and he invited Delaney and me to come over as a surprise for Brad. We showed up about an hour before Brad arrived, and the look on his face when he walked in the door was priceless! He missed Delaney so much on the road trip, and he was so thrilled that we could be there with him on his birthday. It was a great day for all of us!

All of the sudden, Laney has 7 teeth and two more on the way! She was pretty fussy for a couple days, and I noticed two new teeth coming in on the top. I was paying so much attention to those, I didn't even notice one poking through on the bottom. It's so cute seeing all those little teeth that are too big for her mouth. It's already becoming difficult to remember her toothless, gummy smile.

Last but not least, we have a sitting baby! Laney has finally decided that sitting up is cool, so she's totally into it these days. She hasn't had much practice with it though, so if she gets distracted, she tends to tip over sideways. We're making sure to closely supervise all of her sitting sessions, ready to catch her, until she gets a little bit stronger.

Cash and Laney love helping with the laundry

Laney's first taste of pancakes. She couldn't get enough!

I love those baby blues!

 We noticed the neighbor accidentally left her dog outside in freezing temps, so Laney and I brought her home to warm up while the neighbor was at work. Cash loved the company, but they were running around so much that it kind of freaked Laney out and made her cry. 

Looking for the perfect toy.

Laney will chew on anything these days!

Papa gave her a new hairstyle in the pool

Happy girl after a long nap :)

Happy birthday, Papa!

Everytime I set her down on the floor in her nursery, she always winds up here:

Sitting like a big girl!

Family fun at Sunday brunch

She loves to sleep with her little booty in the air:

No comments:

Post a Comment