Sunday, November 10, 2013

20 Weeks Old

Laney has been rolling like crazy! She hasn't quite figured out how to roll onto her back from her tummy yet, and she gets frustrated after she's been on her tummy for awhile. Sometimes she also spits up when she's on her tummy, so I can't just leave her there. This poses a slight problem. At night, sometimes she wakes up and decides to roll over. After about a minute on her tummy, she cries for mama to come turn her onto her back. Then mama leaves the room and she rolls over again. This continues for too long and the game quickly grows old. I'm starting to realize this adorable little girl has me wrapped around her finger. I've decided to wait until she can roll onto her back by herself before I begin sleep training (mostly because I'm worried about her spitting up and getting stuck there), but it won't be long before that happens. A night of uninterrupted sleep will be a major accomplishment for both her and for me.

Lately we've noticed Laney likes to be held by mommy or daddy, but she tends to have a hard time being held by others. She cries almost immediately. We think it's a phase and hopefully she'll warm up to other people soon.

Right now, I consider her schedule to be pretty spectacular. She eats her last meal around 9 or 10pm, sleeps until 6 or 7 (although she frequently wakes up wanting her pacifier or cries to be turned over, but that's okay) and quickly finishes a bottle. Then she goes right back to sleep for about 4 hours! Around 10 or 11am, she'll wake up for the day and eat-play-sleep in 2 hour cycles. She eats as soon as she's up, plays for about 1 hr 15 mins, then naps for 45 mins. She's been doing this for about 4 or 5 weeks now, and I love it! I don't think this routine will last much longer, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Last but certainly not least, we drove to Chicago this morning to attend a Bump Club Brunch about healthy sleep habits (perfect timing for that!). Kate Brooks and adorable baby George joined us! We were so excited to meet cute little George. Laney looked huge next to him! What a fun morning with great friends!

We're taking a lot of tummy pictures these days:



This is the sleep position she gets into every. single. time. she falls asleep. As soon as she assumes this position, I know she's thisclose to falling asleep.

Watching her papa's team warm up. She loved it!

She made eye contact with her papa, but I don't think she recognized him with all of the gear on.

Sleeping on her tummy

Hi Kate and George!

New friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment